Friday 1 August 2014

Beds, Water and Monster Munch

Today, Munchkin has mostly been cute.  Her day didn't get off to the best start as she spilt water all over her bed.  When I told her we were going to see her Pops, she said she didn't want to.  She changed her mind when I told her she could take lots of toys, and appeared to ask if she could take her, "Monster Munch" with her.  To my knowledge, Munchkin has never eaten a Monster Munch and we definitely haven't had any in the house since she was born.  I eventually realised that was saying, "instruments", so we packed her toy guitar.

My step-dad -her Pops- is currently incapacitated, so we went to his home in Haywards Heath to keep him company.  He's snapped his Achilles tendon, or Hercules tendon as he prefers to call it!  Munchkin maintained that she didn't want to talk to Pops for most of the journey.  Thankfully she changed her mind but every other person we met in Haywards Heath was subjected to the silent treatment.

Since Pops had another visitor for a couple of hours, we decided to leave them to it for a while and visited Victoria Park.  Not having been to the park for many years, I'd forgotten it had a paddling pool.  There was no way Munchkin was going to stay out of it, so I let her go in in her T-shirt and knickers.  Other than the paddling pool, which I think is technically a splash pad, the playground has a variety of equipment including two slide/climbing frame combo's, a sit-on roundabout, rockers and a selection of swings.  Munchkin loved the roundabout and the minature swing.  In addition to regular swings, Victoria Park has a tiny "big girl swing" which is perfect for toddlers who don't want to be pushed on baby swings.

Munchkin managed to drench her T-shirt in the paddling pool so I took advantage of the fact the park is next to the town centre to buy her a new top.  Luckily it was a hot day, as I was marching around town with a bare-chested toddler.  I bought her a little floral number in JoJo Maman Bebe's sale.  She was so taken by it that she didn't want to take it off tonight and is excited that I've told her she can wear it again tomorrow.


Once she was fully clothed, we returned to the park for an ice cream in Tory's Cafe.  This is a new addition since my days as a Haywards Heath resident.  There's a pleasant outside seating area surrounded by gardens.  In fact, the whole park is more landscaped than I remember.  There is also a skate park for the older ones.  Perhaps skate park is a misnomer, since it was full of scooters and BMX bikes.

It's likely we'll be back, with a towel and a swimsuit next time.  Munchkin's day went pretty well.  At bedtime, she said, "Mummy I want to keep you."
"Where do you want to keep me?" I asked.
"In my bed," came the reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment