Tuesday 16 December 2014

Letters to Santa

For the first time ever, we have written to Father Christmas on Munchkin's behalf.  It's her third Christmas and she has a pretty good idea what's going on now.  I wrote a letter to him, asking her what she wanted to say.  Having already decided to send a reply via santa.co.uk, I included things in Munchkin's letter that I knew would be reflected in Santa's reply.
Letter to Santa

There were about five letters aimed at Munchkin's age group, so I picked the one with the story that I liked best.  The only thing that could have been done better is the way the child's best friend's name is used.  In some of the letters, the friend is referred to as "they".  Surely it wouldn't have been difficult to include one extra field to indicate whether the friend is a boy or a girl?  The best friend thing was difficult for us in any case.  Munchkin's closest friends are twins so it was difficult choosing which one to name.
Letter from Santa

We really liked the letter from Father Christmas.  I'm not sure Munchkin was quite as impressed and Angmering Daddy and me, though she did like it.  Perhaps she'll be more interested next year.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Simone,

    Do you have an email address which I might contact you on? I wanted to ask you a few questions about things to do with the kids in Brighton & Sussex area.

    Many thanks,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. My email is heather@totallcommunications.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, I tried to email you but the address above seems to be incorrect. I guessed it was missing a "y" and tried again, but am not sure if you received my email.

      Delete