Tuesday 18 June 2013

Mummy actually gets a social life!

In my last blog it was Munchkin who had all the social invites.  This week I acually got some "me time".  Munchkin still managed to keep me busy though, most notably with the Sudocrem incident on Wednesday. She was getting grizzly on the way to nursery, so I let her hold her ruck sack.  We were almost there when Daddy asked me if I'd just put perfume on.  I said, "No, but I can smell lavender."  As I said it, I thought, "Lavender = Sudocrem" and looked round to see a small child and a car seat caked in the stuff!  As anyone familiar with nappy changes knows, Sudocrem is thick stuff that doesn't clean off easily.  Even after a steam clean, there's still nappy cream on the car seat.

Anyway, the Mummy Time: On Thursday, I went to my step-sister's hen do.  She'd booked a spa break / ladies night at Old Thorns hotel.  We didn't stray too far from good old Sussex by the Sea, as Old Thorns is just over an hour's drive from Angmering.  The bride had invited around 20 friends and family ranging in age from late 20s to 60s.  We started our day with coffee at the on site Starbucks, followed by lunch in the sports bar.  In the afternoon we checked into our rooms, went for spa treatments and made use of the facilities.  I relaxed in the hot tub, then had a facial, followed by a short swim (where I tried to keep my product soaked face and contact lenses out of the water... in other words I did three lengths of girly breast stroke).

We knew that Ladies Night included entertainment from the Dream Boys, but some of us were getting increasingly worried as the day progressed.  We were expecting the act to be quite tame but the spa receptionist told us it was "no holds barred"!  After a change of clothes, a glass of wine and a short panic, we made our way to the ball room.  The evening began with a three course set meal.  (I had to have "special food" because I'm allergic to mushrooms and they were in two of the courses.)  This was followed by 80s disco music and the opportunity to use a free photo booth.  (Some people made more use of this than others.  My advice would be, if your pictures are going to be posted to an open Facebook page, don't get your knockers out! )

The Dream Boys finally arrived.  Apparently they were stuck in traffic. I found the whole thing highly amusing.  They weren't the best dancers and had a look that reminded me of one of the blokes from my office!  Two of the girls in our party were over 6 foot and couldn't stop commenting on how short the strippers were! In the second half, we were promised, "the biggest cock you'll ever see in your life".  I was slightly disappointed but at least the bloke who came on to do the full monty was a better dancer.  He dragged a woman from the audience on stage.  We later saw her drinking with the Dream Boys in the other bar so suspect she was part of the act.

We really enjoyed our stay at Old Thorns though some small things could have been better (and I'm not talking Dream Boy anatomy!) there were a few isolated issues with cleanliness and maintenance and breakfast was a bit mass produced.  Despite this, I'd definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment